2 free range eggs
1/2 small clove garlic
1 tsp mustard powder
8fl oz flavourless or mild tasting oil
2 tbs fresh beetroot juice
white wine vinegar to taste
salt and pepper
1. Put two whole eggs in a food processor, along with half a small clove of garlic and a teaspoon of mustard powder. Blitz thoroughly and leave running.
2. Once these three ingredients are blended, start adding the oil, just a drop at a time. It’s really important to do this as slowly as possible, and continue to add slowly until all the oil has been incorporated.
3. The mayonnaise should be quite thick now so add a splash of white wine vinegar for acidity, along with some salt and pepper.
4. Whilst the food processor is running, add 1-2 tablespoons of fresh beetroot juice so that your mayonnaise is a vibrant pink colour.
5. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary.